From Napoleon Hill’s book ” Keys To Success – The 17 Principles For Personal Achievement” these are the key points I took from Chapter 15 -Maintain sound health.
For the full list of the 17 principles for personal achievement summarized you can go here.
15. MAINTAIN SOUND HEALTH
Repeat this as many times as you can everday “Every day in every way I am getting better and better”
You want the greatest figure and fullest use of your body.
Two important points:
- body and mind are one
- mind-body is in tune and at one with nature
Nature has a rhythm that you must learn to bend and sway with not stay still – always be moving forward
The subconscious mind does its best work while your conscious mind is occupied.
Is your life working rhythmically?
Are you balancing sex with transmutation of sex into creative effort?
Work and play.
Mental effort with physical effort.
Eating with fasting.
Seriousness with humour.
You must select a positive object of relaxation for your mind to focus on when time calls for relaxation or it will go to negative places.
Examples of positive objects for relaxation:
- controlled meditation will do wonders
- physical activity will do wonders for your mind
Essentials of success and happiness:
- take something away to gain appreciation for it
- must have a smoothly functioning mind the body follows
- we must call upon the good times when times get difficult
- smoothly functioning plan felt at ease and comfortable you will always be satisfied with the harmony of a smoothly planned plan
- satisfactions are important for a healthy mind
- positive mental attitude is the healthiest food for you mind
- replace fear with understanding
- sleep at least 6- 8 hours a night
- eating habits must be guided by only eating what is good for your body not what your mouth wants.
Some simple tips to eating healthy:
- bulk of your diet should consist of fresh fruits and vegetables
- complex carbs such as potatoes and starches
- lean meats, fish and dairy products are important but not too much
- avoid fats limit intake of butter and oils
- stay away from deep fried foods
- stay away from sugar
- select small amounts of food you enjoy
- never eat while angry, frightened or worried its not in the position to deal with digestion.
- exercise at least 20 minutes per day 3 times a week to strenghthen body.
Sex and sublimation need to be alternated in a rhythmic power.
Sex is behind all creative forces.
Desire for sex cause us to work to please others .
Out of that work springs kindness and appreciation for others.
Effective Mind-Body Stimulants:
- sexual expression drive keys up the mind so it works rapidly and well
- love, the ultimate aim of sexual desire
- work is an excellent way for creative expression
- burst of exercise is extremely beneficial to the body
- a little play lets the subconscious go to work
- build strong relationship with your children
- teach your children a skill and renew your self-confidence
- let you children talk to you and renew your faith
- mastermind alliances are strong stimulants
- faith and religion
- mental and physical health are separable
Do everything you can to preserve, defend and protect your mind-body.