From Napoleon Hill’s book ” Keys To Success – The 17 Principles For Personal Achievement” these are the key points I took from Chapter 17 -Use cosmic habitforce.
For the full list of the 17 principles for personal achievement summarized you can go here.
17. USE COSMIC HABITFORCE
You must control your thoughts to control your habits.
The universe is orderly and follows precise laws, one of which is cosmic habitforce – that what habit you choose to create over time will intensify until it becomes an obsession weather that habit is negative or positive.
As long as you have the power to control and direct your thoughts you will be able to change your circumstances.
What you think today you become tomorrow.
If your life is not what you want it to be you have drifted into your present circumstances by virtue of cosmic habitforce.
Definiteness of purpose, backed by the power of cosmic habitforce and enforced by self-discipline and personal initiative with applied faith, will bring you to the circumstances you want.
As you put your plan into action with applied faith, infinite intelligence may hand you a better plan than the one you have so keep an open mind.
Write down hunches as soon as you have them no matter what they are.
The purpose of cosmic habitforce is for habits to serve you, not the other way around.
Beware of these habits:
- imaginary illness
- drifting without aim or a purpose
Embrace these habits:
- Definiteness of purpose
- Personal initiative
- Going the extra mile
- Controlling your willpower
Steps to Controlling Your Willpower:
- Actively ally yourself with people who can help you achieve your definite major purpose.
- Develop your plan, drawing on all the members of your alliance for knowledge, ability, and the power of their faith.
- Distance yourself from anyone and any circumstance that makes you feel inferior. A positive ego does not grow in a negative environment. Cosmic habitforce causes every living thing to partake in the dominating influence of its environment.
- Close the door on the unpleasant experiences of the past. A strong will doesn’t dwell on the past. A vital ego thrives on hopes and desires. Keeping your mind fixed on hope and desire, cosmic habitforce goes to work turning those into their material equivalent.
- Surround yourself with every possible means of impressing on your mind you’re the nature of your definite major purpose. Hang mottos on the walls, put up pictures of people doing what you want to do. You must make it easy to paint the clear picture of what you want for cosmic habitforce to work on your subconscious to get to work.
- Watch out that you don’t overinflate your ego.
The Three Essentials Of Cosmic Habitforce
Plasticity – The ability to change like clay molds to the shape you make it then stays that way
Frequency of Impression – Repetition is the mother of habit. The more you repeat your habit the quicker cosmic habitforce will come to action
Intensity of Impression – You must concentrate on your habit to build it quickly.
ANY worthless, superfluous, or harmful habit can be broken and replaced with a more desirable one if you want it to be so.
Cosmic habitforce is the means for incorporating every one of these 17 principles of success into your life.
Control your mental attitude, keep it positive by exercising self-discipline, and prepare your mind soil so that any worthwhile plan, purpose or desire may be planted by repeated, intense impression. Know that it will germinate, grow and find expression, bringing you whatever you want in life.
Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, your mind can achieve.